Provincial offences are minor (non-criminal) offences that include, but are not limited to:
- Highway Traffic Act offences, such as speeding, careless driving, stunt driving, or not wearing your seat belt.
- Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act offences, such as, failing to surrender your insurance card or possessing a false or invalid insurance card.
- Liquor Licence Act offences, such as being intoxicated in a public place or selling alcohol to a minor.
- Trespass to Property Act offences, such as, entering prohibited premises or failing to leave premises after being directed to do so.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ministry of Environment violations.
- Municipal bylaw offences, such as, noise, parking and animal care bylaws.
Most provincial offences charges result in out-of-court fine payments. If you are issued a ticket under the Provincial Offences Act, please read it carefully for your payment options. Should you need our legal assistance as a paralegal, or are looking for Provincial Offences Paralegals in Toronto? Get in touch with His Maters Legal Services
please call us.